Bye Laws of the Association
Memorandum of the association
Rules and regulations of the Association
- Clauses of Membership and Fees
- Register of Members
- Rights of Members
- Association Year
- Executive Committee
- Proceedings of the Executive Committee
- Powers of the Executive Committee
- Executive powers of the office bearers
- Annual Conference
- General Body Meeting and Special General Body Meeting
- Annual General Body Meeting
- Validity of the proceedings
- Amendment to memorandum, rules and regulations
- Funds and Investments
- Suits and proceedings
PART-I Back to Contents
Memorandum of the Association
The name of the Association is-
“Association for Prevention and Control of Rabies in India-APCRI”
|To organize into an association and promote co-ordination amongst all persons, institutions, organizations and others engaged in or interested in or connected with or working for Prevention and Control of Rabies in India.|
|To serve as a firm for exchange of information on Rabies|
|To organize conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings and discussions for Prevention and Control of Rabies.|
|To promote research in the field of Rabies.|
|To develop and promote short-term and long-term training programmes for individuals and institutions in the field of Rabies.|
|To coordinate with other professional agencies, association and organizations so as to share experience, information, publications and resources towards professional development of individual and institutions engaged in Prevention and Control of Rabies in India.|
|To liaise, influence, advocate with Governments both States and Centre for initiating appropriate measures for achieving the goal of rabies free India|
The registered office of the association for the time being will be situated at:
Department of Community Medicine
KempeGowdaInstitute of Medical Sciences, College
3rd Floor, K.R.Road, V.V.Puram Bangalore ?560 004
The said office may be moved to such other place or places as the General may decide from time to time. It may open and close any branch office or offices at any other place or places as it may decide from time to time.
1.Dr. M.K. Sudarshan Dept. of Community Medicine, KIMS, Bangalore- 560004. Doctor 2. Dr. S. Abdul Rehman Veterinary College , Hebbal,Bangalore- 560 024 VeterinaryDoctor 3. Dr. S.N.Madhusudana NIMHANS, Bangalore- 560 029. Doctor 4. Dr. R.N.Srinivasagowda Institute of Animal Health and ?? Veterinary Biologicals, Hebbal,?Bangalore- 560 024 VeterinaryDoctor 5. Dr. B.J. Mahendra Dept. of Community Medicine, KIMS, Bangalore- 560004. Doctor 6. Dr. S.K.Vijayasarathi Veterinary College, UAS, Hebbal,Bangalore 560 024. VeterinaryDoctor 7. Dr. D.H.Ashwathnarayan Dept. of Community Medicine, KIMS, Bangalore- 560004. Doctor
The association shall have the Union of India as its jurisdiction for objects and Bangalore city for all legal purposes.
The Secretary-General of the Association is authorized to correspond with the Registrar of Societies, in connection with the Registration of the Association and any corrections to be effected in the Memorandum of the Association and the Rules and Regulations therein.
The Association shall be voluntary, non-profitable body. The income of the association by whatever means it might derive shall be utilized for the purpose of objects of the association and shall not be distributed among the members of the association or any person(s) or body of persons.
Signature of witness who is not a member of the managing committee, with his full address, age and occupation
Name & Address ???????????????????????? Age & Occupation
Dr. Gangaboriah M.Sc., Ph.D.?????? 42 years,Teacher and Service
Asst. Professor of Statistics,
KIMS, Bangalore – 560 004
Rules and Regulations of the Association
- Interpretation: In these rules and regulations unless there may be anything in the subject or context inconsistent there with-
- The association means “Association for Prevention and Control Rabies in India- APCRI”.
- The members means the members of the association for the time being.
- The “President” and the “Secretary General” means those respective office bearers of the association for the time being.
- The “Annual General Meeting(AGM)” and “Special General Meetings(SGM)” as are convened and held only under rules of the association in force.
- The meeting means all the meetings other than annual and special general meetings of the association.
- A “resolution” means the resolution of the association duly passed and adopted.
- The “Seal” means the seal of the association.
- The “Year” means the official year of the association from 1st August of the particular year to the 31st July of the next year.
- The “Members” means all categories of members of the association duly admitted by the association.
All persons and citizens of India and from abroad and above 21 years of age (as on 1st August of that year) and who subscribe to the objects of the association are eligible to be the members of the association only after the approval by the executive committee and on their payment of the prescribed fees.
- Patron Member: Any institution or organization established under law in India and on payment of one time fee of Rs. One Lakh only may be admitted after the approval by the executive committee. The privileges include ten invitations to all meetings and functions of the association. However, there shall not be any voting or contesting privileges to the member.
- Donor Member: Any organization or institution established under law in India and on one one time payment of Rs. 50,000 (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) may be admitted after the approval of the executive committee. The Privileges include five invitations to all meetings and functions of the association. However, there shall not be any voting or contesting privileges to the member.
- Life Member:Any citizen of India, with recognized medical or veterinary degree qualification or with Postgraduate degree qualification in ScienceArts,Law,Management,Engineering,Commerce and others working for Rabies Prevention and Control in India may be admitted after approval of the executive committee. he/she shall pay a one tine fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand Only) and shall receive invitations to all meetings/functions of the association and is entitled to exercise one vote at the AGM/SGM as the case may be. The life members(only) are eligible to contest for the various offices of the association.
- Associate Member: Any degree holder in any discipline from a statutory university and working for Prevention and Control of Rabies in India may be admitted after approval of the executive committee. He/She shall pay a one time fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) and shall receive invitation to all meetings and programmes of the Association. But he/she is not entitled to vote or contest any election of the association.
- Honorary Fellows/Members: Any individual from India or Abroad who has made significant contribution to Prevention and Control of Rabies(in India/Abroad) may be admitted on the recommendations of the Executive committee. He/She Shall enjoy all privileges of a life member except for voting and right to contest for election. They shall not pay any fees and are admitted free of any charges/cost.
The association shall maintain at its registered office a register of its members and shall enter therein within 15 days after the admission of a member or the cessation of the membership, as the case may be, the following particulars.
- Name and Address of the member(including phone, fax and E-mail wherever available).
- The date on which the member was admitted.
- The date on which the member ceased to be such member.
- Each life member(individual ) shall have one vote at every meeting. However, voting by proxy is strictly not allowed.
- All members of the association shall be entitled to participate in the meetings, functions and gatherings of the association.
- All the members of the association shall have right to inspect the book of the accounts, book contain9ng minutes of proceedings of General meetings and the register of the members of the association on any working day during business hours by giving reasonable advance notice.
- The rules and regulations and/or bylaws, which may be framed, shall bind all member of the association, from time to time.
- The services of the association and its resultant benefits shall be opened to all its members, irrespective of religion, caste or creed.
The year of the association including all its branches for financial and functioning purposes shall be from 1stAugust of that year to 31st July of the next year.
The general control, management and direction of the policy and affairs of the association shall be vested in a body styled as “Executive Committee” at the Headquarters level.
This shall consist of following 17 members who shall be elected from among the life members(only) present at the Annual General Meeting held every year ordinarily in July.
President ???????????????? – ???????????? 1(One)
Vice-Presidents?????? ? – ???????????? 2(Two)
Secretary-General??? – ???????????? 1(One)
Joint-Secretary ???????? – ?????????????1(One)
Editor ?????????????????????? – ???????????? 1(One)
Treasurer ????????????????? – ???????????? 1(One)
North ??????????????????????? – ???????????? 2(Two)
East ????????????????????????? – ???????????? 2(Two)
Central ????????????????????? – ???????????? 2(Two)
West ???????????????????????? – ????????????? 2(Two)
South ???????????????????????? – ???????????? 2(Two)
They shall hold the offices for a term of two years maximum and after the expiry of which the executive committee shall be freshly constituted from among year only. However, existing executive committee members shall be eligible for re-election for only tow consecutive terms maximum for any of the offices.
All the persons shall hold the office purely on honorary basis and without any remuneration except for TA/DA/incidentals as admissible as per prevailing Government of India norms for meetings subject to availability of funds and prior approval by the Executive Committee.
Proceeding of the Executive Committee.
- The executive committee shall meet atleast once in a year. Other meetings may be held either upon the advice of the President or request of atleast five members of the executive committee.
- The quorum of the meeting of the Executive committee shall be five member present in person.
- If within half-an-hour of the time appointed for a meeting a quorum is not constituted, the meeting shall stand adjourned for half-an-hour at the sametime and place, and if at the meeting a quorum is still not constituted, within half-an-hour appointed for the meeting the members present shall constitute a quorum.
- The absence, without leave of any members of the Executive committee for 2(Two) consecutive meetings and/or for a continuos period of 6 months whichever is more, shall entitle the executive committee to remove such member from the executive committee.
- The Executive committee may pass a resolution by circulation. Such resolution passed whether by majority or unanimously by circulation amongst the members of executive committee shall be equally valid and shall be construed as passed at a meeting duly called and convened for the purpose and such resolution shall be entered by the Secretary-General in the minute books of the meetings of the executive committee.
Powers of the Executive Committee
- To ensure and promote the aims and objects of the association.
- To ensure that all money transactions are to be held through a nationalized bank.
- To ensure utilization of income towards? promoting the objects of the association.
- To decide on the expulsion of a member in case he/she is convicted of any criminal offence or found unsound mind or persistently contravening the rules and regulations of the association.
- To raise funds by donation, grant or gift etc to fulfill the objects.
- To appoint a sub-committee/expert group etc., with such powers as deemed fit and said committee may co-opt from among the members of the association.
- To invite/co-opt not more than two specialists/experts in the area of rabies who may be non-members of the association whose counsel is considered useful to the association.
- Shall arrange for the publication of handouts, brochure, journal, documents etc., as may be considered fit in the furtherance of its objects.
- To appoint the personnel of the association, determine their remuneration, salaries and other service conditions and also to terminate? their? services, dismissal or otherwise and take disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Open and operate back accounts, deposit, withdraw or invest funds, issue accept, sign, endorse and deliver cheques, drafts, letters of credit, and in general any other negotiable instrument. Such banking account (s) as and when opened shall be operated by the President or secretary-general (after a note approved by the President) and Treasurer being common.
- Decide on the establishment of branch offices of the association.
- Decide on any, every and all matters pertaining to or in connection with the administration of the association and the successful pursuance of aims and objects.
- In the event of any office bearer laying down office for whatever reasons, the executive committee can co-opt any member considered suitable for the office for the remaining period of the tenure or till the next elections are held.
The administration and management of the association shall vest in the Executive Committee and primarily with the following office bearers viz. President, Vice-Presidents, Secretary-General, Joint-Secretary, Editor and Treasurer who are elected at the Annual General Body Meeting.
In the absence of the President, the Vice-President(Senior among the two or the one present) shall discharge all the duties and responsibilities of the President. He may exercise any other function, which is assigned by the Executive Committee of President.
- He/she shall be incharge of all executive work of the association. He shall act under the guidance, supervision and advice from the President and Executive Committee.
- Shall be incharge of the office of the association with all its records papers and files.
- Shall call for all meetings of the executive Committee/Annual General Body Meeting/Special General Body Meeting as per rules and regulations with the approval of the President and maintain the minutes book and record of all the proceedings of the meetings.
- To look after and conduct all correspondence relating to association including issue of notices for Executive Committee, Annual General Body Meeting and Special General Body Meeting.
- To oversee and sign all vouchers/bills of expenses of association before payment by the treasurer.
Joint-Secretary ordinarily shall assist the Secretary-General as and when required and in his absence, he/she perform the duties of Secretary-General and other responsibilities entrusted by the Executive Committee/President/Vice-President(s).
- Editor shall be responsible for publication and distribution of the journal, Newsletter and other publications of the association.
- He/she shall select the members of the Journal Committee who are ordinarily members of the association along with the Secretary-General and President who shall be ex-officio members of the Journal Committee.
- Treasurer shall keep all accounts and ledgers of the association.
- He/She shall operate the bank account(s) with the President or Secretary-General as decided by the Executive Committee.
- He/She shall receive all subscriptions, donations, grants etc., in cheques/drafts (to avoid cash transactions as far as possible) and record the receipts in the book/ledger maintained for the purpose.
- He/She shall arrange for the investment of surplus assets/income as approved by the Executive Committee in conjunction with the Secretary-General.
- To submit all books and papers relating to receipts and expenditures, cash books, bank pass books, etc., to the Secretary-General/President once in a month or even earlier for scrutiny and signature.
- To prepare yearly accounts of receipts and expenditures and have the same audited by an auditor approved by the Executive Committee and place it before Executive committee and Annual General Body Meeting/Special General Body Meeting for ratification.
- To maintain a contingency cash of Rs. 500/- or such amount as may be decided by the Executive Committee/President and Secretary-General.
The union of India is divided into five zones comprising of
- North: Covering Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab,Haryana and Delhi.
- East: Covering Bihar,West Bengal, North-Eastern States of Assam, Mizoram,Tripura,Meghalaya,Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Orissa, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Central: Covering Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh
- West: Covering Rajasthan,Gujarat,Maharashtra, Goa, Daman and
- South: Covering Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Kerala and Pondichery including Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands
From each zone there shall be a minimum of two representatives who shall coordinate with the Secretary-General for all activities of the association in their region.
All the above office bearers of the executive committee shall hold their office for a maximum of two years (one-term) period. However, they are eligible for contesting again by election for another term of two years.
- He/she shall be in overall charge of the association and preside over Annual General Body Meeting and other meetings. All the policies, programmes and actions shall be formulated and implemented only through him/her.
- The ruling of the President at the Executive Committee and Annual General Body Meeting shall be final and binding on all questions raised.
- The President in case of emergency may exercise all the powers and perform all the functions required to be exercised and performed under the rules and regulations by the executive committee provided that all the actions taken by the President shall be placed before the next Executive Committee/Annual General Body Meeting/special General Body Meeting for approval.
- In all matters to be decided by at simple majority in General meetings, casting vote of the President shall prevail in case of equality of votes.
- The President shall preside over every meeting of Executive Committee/Annual General Body Meeting/Special General Body Meeting; to regulate the proceedings of the meetings, interpret rules and decide doubtful points.
- There shall be a conference of the association every year ordinarily in July or as the executive committee may decide, under the auspices of the association. The branches or members of the association shall have the privilege of inviting and organizing the conference. The place, date ,duration, time and chairman( and if deemed necessary standby Chairman or otherwise) of the conference shall be decided by the Executive Committee or the Annual General Body Meeting/Special General Body Meeting as appropriate/suitable and acceptable.
- The Headquarters viz. President and Secretary-General and Treasurer shall provide all possible assistance to the chairman of the conference.
- The Chairman of the conference shall constitute the organizing committee and the reception committee from as far as possible the members of the association and others from the region. The committee shall decide the fees to be levied for the delegates which shall ordinarily be not be more than ten percent in excess of the delegates fees of the previous conference. However, there shall not be any delegate fees for the executive committee members and office bearers of the Association who shall be honorable invitees and part of the conference organization.
- The expenses of the conference shall be wholly borne by the organizing committee of the conference. Any expenses incurred by the HQ towards the conference shall be reimbursed by the organizing committee/chairman of the conference during the conference. The HQ shall not be responsible for any loss on account of the conference. All office bearers of the association shall render every possible assistance to the organizing committee of the conference.
- The Chairman of the organizing committee shall submit to the Secretary-General of the association an audited report/statement of accounts of the conference within three months of the conference.
- Every conference shall contribute atleast a sum of Rupees Twenty thousand or ten percent of the total conference income (whichever is higher) towards the corpus/reserve fund of the association which shall be invested in fixed deposits of the nationalized banks/other suitable public sector financial institutions by the Treasurer for use and benefit of the Association.
- The elections to office bearers of the Executive Committee shall ordinarily be held at the Annual Conference. Only the life members who are eligible to contest may file their nominations duly proposed and seconded by two life members of the association.
- The Secretary-General shall ordinarily be the returning officer of the elections unless he/she is contesting the elections, then the President may appoint a non-contesting consenting life member as Returning Officer. The returning officer shall invite nominations from life members for the various offices atleast two months before the Conference/Annual General Body Meeting and notify the same to all member. in the event of a contest becoming necessary the returning officer shall make all arrangements at Annual General Body Meeting for secret ballot polling and following counting of votes polled declare the results on the same day under the seal and signature of the President, Secretary-General and the Returning Officer.
- Similarly in the non-election year nominations may be invited by the Secretary-General from among only the life members of the association for any vacant post(s) of office bearers and if required of any contest at the Conference Annual General Body Meeting arrangements for secret the ballot polling shall be made and like above the results declared the same day.
- A vote shall be cast in person by a life member physically present at the Annual General Body Meeting and under whatsoever circumstances voting by proxy will not be allowed.
- The Association shall hold every year a General Body Meeting called the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at which the report of the management the Association for the year together with an audit copy of the accounts shall be presented by the Secretary-General and Treasurer respectively for approval.
- The first Annual General Meeting shall be held within eighteen months of registration.The next Annual General Meeting shall be held within nine months of after the expiry of the year in which the 1st Annual General Meeting ?was held and thereafter an AGM shall be held within nine months after the expiry of each year.
- A Special General Body Meeting ?(SGM) may be convened at any time of on the requisition of the President of Secretary-General or on the requisition of not less than one-tenth of the total members of the association entitled to vote, who shall state in writing the business for which they wish the meeting to be convened and the general body shall within twenty one days from the date of receipt of the requisition proceed duly to call a meeting for the consideration of the business on a day not later than forty days from the date of receipt of the requisition
- If a member does not have a registered address in India and has not supplied to the Association any address in India for the giving of notice to him, a notice advertised in a English newspaper in India with circulation in most parts of India, Association shall deemed to duly given to him the day on which the advertisement appears in the newspaper.
Annual General Body Meeting (AGM)
- The Annual General Body Meeting shall ordinarily beheld in July? every year during the conference of the Association . Necessary notice shall be issued 21 days inadvance by Secretary – General . The notice shall be in English mentioning the date , time and place an the agend a of? the meeting .
- The business of? the Annual General Body Meeting(AGM ) shall be- To ? consider the annual report of? the Secretary – Generall . To consider and pass t he audited accounts of? receipts and expenditure for the previous year . To elect the new members and office bearers of the new Executive committee in the election year and ? to fill up any vacancies arising during the non-election year.to consider any other matter brought before the meeting eithre by any office bearer or by any member present at the meeting concerning the management and welfare of the Association.
- Quorum – 20 members or one-fifth (1/5) of total members of the Associstion present (whichever is less) in any Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) shall form the quorum.
- The decision of the Annual General Body Meeting including the election of new executive committee of office bearers shall be taken by secret ballot by majority of the votes of the life members present.
- The Annual General; Body Meeting shall be preside do very the President and in his absence the Vice – President (Senior? most) or in his absence the members present shall elect from amongst? themselves a President for the meeting . The decision of ? the shal l be recorded in minutes book, aspecial book maintained for the purpose by Secretary – General duly signed by the President of? the meeting .
- All members (all Categories) of the Association can attend and take part in the deliberations . But the voting rights shall be restriced to life members(individuals) personally present in the meeting.
Business at? the meeting shall ordinarily be transacted in the following order:
- Reading of? notice of the meeting .
- Messages of inability to attend , if any
- Condolence messages , if any .
- Adoption of theSecreatry-Generals report for the year.
- Adoption of the audited accounts report for the year by the treasurer.
- Consideration of the budget for the ensuing year.
- Appoinment of an auditor.
- Amendment to rules, if any.
- Any other business with the permission of the President.
Validity of Proceedings
- The proceedings of the meeting of the General body, Executive committee or? any ? committee acting under the rules and regulations of the Associatiom shall? not be invalidated by any accidental omission to give any notice hereby required? or by any vacancy among its memebers or by any defect in the election or qualification of any members.
- Whereby or under the rules and regulations or a thing is required to be done by? the Association, the same to be done by such office bearer, officers or? members of the association as the executive committee may appoint for the? purpose.
Amendment to memorandum,rules and regulations
- Proposal for change in the memorandum,rules and regulations of the Association as and when necessary shall ordinarily be considered at the Annual? General Body Meeting(AGM) of the Association. The proposed alteration must reach the Headquarters of the Association Viz. President, atleast two months before the date pf the meeting and shall be circulated to all the members/branches for opinion atleast One month before the date of the meeting. The notice of the proposed change must be given in the agenda of the meeting. No such proposed shall be carried into effect unless it is agreed to by three-fourths of the members present at a subsequent meeting convened for the purpose. (The notice shall mena that the actual word for the proposed alteration shall be included in he agenda of the meeting).
- Whereever rules and regulations of the association do not exist or are conflicting. the Association shall be guided by the decisions of the executive committee meeting convened for the purpose.
- Interpretation: In these rules and regulations unless there may be anything in the subject or context inconsistent there with-